Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Kirsten fans

  1. #1
    Inactive Member QNPoohBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    I thought you might be interested in seeing the works of Carl Larsson, a Swedish painter from the Edwardian era. He was best known for painting idyllic pictures of his family in the country with lots of bright colors. I have always loved his paintings and have a bunch of cards, prints, etc. I have a pattern for an AG sized Swedish costume similar to the ones the girls wear in the pictures. A very nice board member said she would make it for Kirsten so stay tuned and enjoy!

    Scandinavian treasures-Carl Larsson prints

    Carl Larsson 100 -webshots gallery

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Kathy Henning's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 4th, 2003
    Posts
    200
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I love his artwork. If I only had more walls to decorate!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Kathrine's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 3rd, 2004
    Posts
    82
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I always loved his work to. Actually you an still visit his home in Sweden, wich is preserved exactly as when he and his family lived there. One of his most famous works is called "A Home", and is a book consisiting of paintings of his home and family, they are lovly.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member tobydoggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2003
    Posts
    15
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    A family friend introduced me to Carl Larsen when I was younger - including "A Home" which I really enjoyed. The illustrations are so detailed! Thanks for suggesting it for Kirsten fans!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member QNPoohBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Kathrine:
    I always loved his work to. Actually you an still visit his home in Sweden, wich is preserved exactly as when he and his family lived there. One of his most famous works is called "A Home", and is a book consisiting of paintings of his home and family, they are lovly.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">OOH I will have to add that to my wish list of places to visit!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •